Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Topic: Tri-ang Switch lever wire
Mike in Canada
Tri-ang Switch lever wire
on: April 24, 2016, 03:24

Greetings all. After years of gathering the needed pieces, I’m going to set up an old Tri-ang Grey track layout circa 1957. Aside from purchasing a turntable, I’m in need of the wires that run from the switch control lever to the switch track electrical inputs. Can I use Hornby wiring? Can I use Tri-ang Series 4 wire. Can I purchase an aftermarket plug so that I can make my own wires. I’m finding it increasingly difficult to locate Tri-ang goodies in Canada. Just managed to find some mint Triang Grey track and some other items. Would greatly appreciate hearing from all of you. I have purchased some items from the UK via eBay. Thanks in advance. Mike in Canada

d_henshall
Re: Tri-ang Switch lever wire
on: April 26, 2016, 19:13

Mike,
I am running Triang Series 3 and Series 4 track with 1950’s vintage original Triang locomotives and have similar problems. I was in the UK a few months ago and picked up some third party connecting pins, clearly marked ‘Hornby compatible’. The older Triang pins were tapered where the new pins are 2mm dia parallel so they do not work well and I pick up lengths of wire with the older style pins whenever I can find them. I am not sure if the current Hornby pins would work any better.

As an aside, I was at the Woodstock Model Train Show on the weekend and several local vendors had vintage Triang and Hornby (3 rail and 2 rail) so these shows are the place to look. One vendor had a box of the Triang standard grey track complete with power supply and I have some odd bits of standard track including a powered point that I can let you have.

Best of luck with your layout…….Dick Henshall, Woodstock, Ontario

Canadian resident in Southern Ontario running 1953 to 1960 early Triang locomotives and rolling stock on Standard, Series III and Super 4 track.

Pages: [1]
WP Forum Server by VastHTML | LucidCrew
Version: 1.6.1; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.